Annual Professional Development Conference
Thank you so much for your assistance in making
the annual Massachusetts Music Educators Association
All State Conference a success. The work you do as
presider is essential in coordinating this event.
The conference runs from Thursday
morning through Saturday noon at the Seaport Hotel
and World Trade Center. Please note that some room
assignments may have changed since initial notices
to participants were sent out. Check carefully the
information in all emails you receive from
conference personnel, as well as the “Daily Schedule
Adjustments” when you arrive in Boston. Let your
Committee Member know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your flexibility.
Conference Registration Desk Location
The Conference Registration desk is located in the
Harbor Level Lobby of the Seaport World Trade Center
(WTC). (The World Trade Center is a separate
building from the Seaport Hotel.) The Harbor Level
Lobby is at the bottom of the escalator.
Your Registration and Badge
you are pre-registered, you may pick up your badge
at the Conference Registration desk.
If you are
not pre-registered. you will need to register first
at the Registration Desk.
Presider Packet (Envelope)
for signs directing you to the clinician and
presider areas of registration in order to pick up
your presider materials.
- If you are presiding for more than one
session, you will have a presider packet for
- Each packet will contain the following
- A copy of the session information sheet,
which includes names and contact information of
participants, and other session details;
- Certificates of Appreciation for session
participants: Clinician(s) / Panel / Demo Group.
Registration Hours and Presider
Registration will be
open and presider packets will be available for
pickup at the following times:
Wednesday 7:00 PM
- 9:00 PM World Trade Center, Harbor Level
Thursday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM World Trade Center,
Friday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM World Trade
Center, Harbor Level
Saturday 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
World Trade Center, Harbor Level
- Once the conference schedule has been
finalized, it will be posted on the MMEA
- Sessions are scheduled for one hour unless
- A collegiate ambassador is assigned to each
session to assist with the logistics of the
- Some equipment is moved between session
times by the collegiate ambassadors and hotel
staff. If you arrive at a session location and
your REQUESTED materials are not there, please
ask a collegiate ambassador for assistance.
Under no circumstance should a clinician or
presider move equipment, even if it does not
currently appear to be in use.
- Pianos may be moved ONLY by the
representatives of the company that supplied
Please note the following presider
Before the session
- Please pick up your presider packet when you
arrive for the conference. Be sure that the
certificate of appreciation is in your packet
and that the spelling is correct. If there are
mistakes, please ask a collegiate ambassador or
conference committee member to contact the
database manager to make a corrected
- Check on the session room assignment and
time, and arrive at the session location 10
minutes prior to the session.
- Make the clinician feel welcome. Offer to
help with materials and make sure that all
equipment is operational.
- If there are any problems with the space or
equipment that you are unable to resolve on your
own, please have the collegiate or a member of
the committee help to sort this out. The
collegiate office is in the Congress Board Room
on the Mezzanine Level of the World Trade
During the session:
- Begin the session on time.
- Welcome the audience and introduce the
collegiate who will make announcements.
- Introduce the clinician. (There may or may
not be a biography of the clinician for you. You
may contact the clinician ahead of time if you
would like some specifics for the
introduction.). Keep your remarks short so that
the maximum amount of time can be given to the
- Close the door to ensure a quiet
- Assist where necessary – dim lights if
needed, get water for the clinician, etc.
- Signal the clinician when there are five
minutes left in the session.
Closing the session:
- Thank the clinician and hand him/her the
certificate of appreciation.
- Ask the audience to leave promptly and
quietly so that the next session can start on
- Help clean up the session space if needed.
- If a crowd gathers around the clinician,
please ask them to move into the hall so that
the next session is not delayed.
Thank you for helping our conference to
run smoothly. We appreciate your service to the
profession and to MMEA.
If there is an
emergency during the conference and you are unable
to reach your committee person, have the collegiate
assigned to your session contact the conference Site